Cauliflower rice, a vegetable recipe full of antioxidants and vitamins. It should be a part of your daily diet. It gives ample benefits to the people who consume it. Being rich in antioxidants, it helps with the improvement of skin and hair. Along with that, it stops aging and keeps an individual healthy and fit for long. One of the biggest advantage is that it slows down the progression of cancer cells. Moving on, high amount of fiber assists with smooth bowel movement. With so many benefits, it also enhances memory and learning skills as it has chlorine. It’s pretty sure that all these things will make you include cauliflower in the diet.
Cauliflower rice is something that every fitness freak will need in their diet. Low in calories and carbs is the attractive factor. Usually, rice is full of carbs which might hinder the weight loss process. But, cauliflower is a blessing for many.
How to make cauliflower rice
It is pretty simple to make cauliflower rice. You just need a cauliflower and in just 5 minutes, cauliflower rice will be ready.
- Chop off the green part of the cauliflower.
- Wash the cauliflower thoroughly and add a few drops of vinegar. It helps to get rid of the smell produced by sulfur.
- With the help of a cheese grater, grate the white part after chopping them in big chunks.
- You can also use a food processor. Switch it to the grating mode and put the cauliflower.
Cauliflower rice is ready and can be eaten raw or cooked.
Where can cauliflower rice be used?
You can use cauliflower rice in so many dishes.
- If you are looking for a Korean dish, then, cauliflower can be used in Kimchi.
- Diving into the tropical cuisine, cauliflower can be a part of pineapple chicken cauliflower rice.
- An amazing combination with seafood makes cauliflower rice good. A German slaw with shrimp and cauliflower rice will tingle your taste buds.
- Cauliflower rice can be used as a side with Chinese style ribs.
- Fried rice with the addition of cauliflower rice is an excellent recipe for your weekend dinner.
Cauliflower rice recipes
Being so versatile, cauliflower rice can be used to make a lot of recipes. Continental, Asian, Indian cuisines are some of the dishes that include cauliflower rice. It will provide you with so many options to serve for dinner and amaze the guests. Here are a few recipes that you can try every other day and enjoy your meal
Spicy chicken with cauliflower rice
A low carb and protein packed meal is a delight for so many people. When cauliflower combines with chicken, it gives off an amazing and delicious dish. Here, you will find the recipe of spicy chicken with cauliflower rice. The spices will make the taste unforgettable and you will try it over and over again.
How to cook
To execute perfect spicy chicken with cauliflower rice, you will need the following ingredients and follow these steps:
For the spicy chicken
- Boneless chicken thighs or breast (of your choice)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Cumin powder
- Chili powder
- Oregano (dried)
- Salt to taste
For cauliflower rice
- Cauliflower (green part separated)
- Chicken broth
- Hot sauce
- Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken by putting it in a large bowl and adding all the spices. You can keep the marinated chicken overnight for it to taste more nice.
- In a large frying pan, heat up the olive oil and place the chicken. Cook it well from both sides until it gets golden brown. Keep it on a side once cooked through.
- Grate the cauliflower with the help of a cheese grater. Food processor can also be used to grate the cauliflower.
- In the same pan chicken was fried, sauté onion and garlic.
- When the onion changes color and garlic smell fades away, add hot sauce and mix.
- Now, add the cauliflower rice and mix it along with the onion and garlic.
- Pour chicken broth evenly over the rice and cover the pan.
- After a couple of minutes, open the lid and check if they are cooked. Do not overcook or they will get soggy. Squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle salt to taste.
- Enjoy it with the spicy chicken and make it memorable.
Mexican cauliflower rice
The word “Mexican cuisine” takes us to a complete different world. Boosting our craving and leaving us to get hands on any Mexican dish as soon as possible. A mix of spice and tanginess makes Mexican food extremely delicious! If we talk about Mexican cauliflower rice, the recipe is one of a kind. It is low on calories but full of flavor.
How to cook
To create this masterpiece, you have to grab following ingredients and follow these steps:
- Cayenne pepper
- Lime juice
- Cut the green ends of cauliflower and was it well.
- Chop the white part into big chunks. Grate it by putting in a food processor or using a cheese grater.
- In a non-stick pan, heat up some oil and fry chopped onions and garlic. Keep on cooking until the onion gets brown and the garlic aroma goes away.
- Add the cauliflower rice and tomatoes in the fried onion and garlic. Let it cook for 5 minutes on slow heat.
- When the cauliflower starts to soften, add paprika, cumin and cayenne pepper. Mix them well so all the spices infuse nicely.
- Squeeze lime juice and sprinkle cilantro on the top once cooked.
- Serve it hot with guacamole, salsa or any Mexican dressing.
Cauliflower fried rice
Fried rice is everyone’s favorite, isn’t it? The flavors of China mixing with rice is a tempting combination. There are a lot of alterations in fried rice from which one is, Cauliflower fried rice. Having the same flavor as the regular fried rice but healthier. Cauliflower being low in carbs make this dish favorable for everyone to eat.
How to cook
To bring forward this yummy recipe, you have to find these ingredients and follow these instructions:
- Green onion
- Rice vinegar
- Red chili flakes
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Cooking oil
- Wash the white part of cauliflower after clearing the green ends. Add a couple of drops of vinegar to eradicate the smell of sulfur.
- Grate the cauliflower by a cheese grater or food processor.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil and add the eggs. Sprinkle in some salt and scramble the eggs and cook them until done. Keep them aside once cooked well.
- Reheat the skillet again with oil in it and add the white part of green onions. Cook it until they get soft and lose shape.
- Add ginger and garlic and mix well with the green onions. Make sure you do not burn it.
- Put the cauliflower and let it cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the soy sauce and red chili flakes along with cauliflower rice.
- Get the chopped carrots in and sprinkle sugar and salt. Mix them well until the rice are cooked well. Make sure they are not cooked excessively.
- Pour the rice vinegar and add the chopped peanuts with green part of green onions. Check the salt and add if needed. Add the fried eggs too.
- Lastly, drizzle some sesame oil and serve it hot.
Raw cauliflower rice recipe
If you are not in mood to go in the kitchen and cook something, you can have cauliflower in raw state. It will be equally delicious and beneficial. It can be eaten as a salad to crave your midday cravings!
How to cook
You will need very few ingredients to make raw cauliflower rice and it will require no time:
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Grate the white part of cauliflower with a grater or food processor.
- If using the food processor, chop ginger and garlic with cauliflower.
- Put the mix in a big bowl and dress it with cilantro and salt.
- Pour a little soy sauce with a hint of apple cider vinegar.
- Enjoy a healthy bowl of raw cauliflower rice!
Cheesy cauliflower rice recipe
When cheese is a part of any dish, it automatically becomes delicious! Giving that creamy texture and leaving your mouth full of delight. Cauliflower putting the healthy part and cheese bringing in the calcium, it will be a match made in heaven!
How to cook
It is pretty simple to prepare cheesy cauliflower dish. Anyone can do it with the help of these ingredients and following these steps:
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Grate the chopped white part of cauliflower. You can use a food processor or take help of a grater too.
- In a non-stick pan, melt the butter by heating it.
- Stir the cauliflower rice and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- When the cauliflower rice start to cook well, add cream cheese, cheddar cheese and milk.
- Turn down the flame to low and mix the rice well so the cheese spreads everywhere.
- When all the cheese is melted and strings start to form, sprinkle some salt and serve hot!
Roasted cauliflower rice
Omitting oil completely might sound too tough but roasted recipes are an amazing alternative. Cauliflower can be roasted in an oven and make a flavorful recipe. It is a simple recipe and does not take too long to cook as well.
How to cook
You will be needing a few ingredients to make roasted cauliflower rice:
- Black pepper
- Olive oil (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven at 450 degree Fahrenheit for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, grate the white chopped parts of cauliflower. You can take the help of a food processor or a cheese grater.
- On a baking tray, assemble the cauliflower evenly and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some oil on top if you want.
- Bake it for 5 minutes. Take it out and flip it to let it cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve them hot with any sauce or it can be eaten just like that.
Can a grater be used instead of food processor to make cauliflower rice?
You can always use a grater to make cauliflower rice. If you do not have access to a food processor or it is broken, you do not have to worry. Take a cheese grater and from the side it grates into fine bits, grate the cauliflower head. It will give off the same succulent flavor and be as nutritious as any option used.
Cauliflower rice might not sound appetizing to the people hearing it’s name for the first time. But, once you get the first bite of it, you will be in love with it. It is an experiment that is worthy of trying and you will not regret it for sure! So, follow one of the recipe and indulge in the healthy world of cauliflower rice!